Narrative Essay Topic Ideas For College: Top 20 Suggestions
Here are 20 unique narrative essay topics you can use for your next essay.
- Proof that I am burger-intolerant
- Why my father won’t ask for direction
- A dream of the future
- My mother is not flexible at all
- The only quality I want in a spouse
- 3 Things I hate about TV commercials
- I’d rather die than work at ___
- 3 Things my parents didn’t tell me about college
- My favourite TV series
- 3 Things no one knows about me
- 5 Good reasons why green is my favourite colour
- The one silly thing that always makes me laugh
- The year I felt like an outcast
- The worst failure that changed my life for the better
- My hypothetical job interview
- The weirdest coincidence that ever happened to me
- My proudest argument
- 3 Things I wish I knew in high school
- How I reinvented myself
- 3 Of my friends’ versions of the same incident
Tell of the time you ate a hamburger and how it didn’t agree with you.
Talk about an incident when your father was too proud to ask for directions.
Relate a dream you had about your own future.
Does your mother just say “no” to everything? Tell your reader about her inflexibility.
What is the one aspect you look for in the person you will marry?
Relay your distaste for commercials and mention three specific reasons why you dislike them so much.
Where is the one place you would never work? Tell your reader why.
What do you wish you knew about college before you arrived?
Describe your favourite television series.
What can you tell your reader about yourself that no one else knows?
Mention five excellent, logical reasons why green is the best colour in the world.
What can you bring up in your mind and laugh about every single time? Why does this particular memory make you laugh so much?
Describe a period in your life where you did not fit in with anyone.
What lesson did you learn from a bad failure? How did this seemingly negative experience change your life for the positive?
Describe a job interview from your imagination.
Describe an incident where an unbelievable coincidence occurred.
When did you last stand up for something that meant a lot to you?
What three things do you know now that you wish you knew in high school?
Describe a time you reinvented yourself and changed several aspects of your life.
Describe an incident from three different points of view.